Our hard working developer-elves have wrapped up a new release as an early christmas present to our fans.
We have focused on two main areas in this version: improving the stability and polish of our existing mods, and laying the foundations for several big new features that will appear in future releases.
In the last three months we have merged 769 commits by 14 authors into our Github project.
We do all of our development in the open, so anybody can get involved!
You can find us on our IRC channel or using your favorite social media platform.
Some important improvements over our last September release are:
- We now support Lua scripting in maps for creating missions and custom minigames.
- Our Red Alert mod now includes the M.A.D tank, production acceleration (multiple factories improve the production rate), and the heavily requested base-size limit from our TD mod.
- Our Tiberian Dawn mod (renamed from C&C) has overhauled support powers and weapon effects.
- Our Dune 2000 mod now uses the original artwork for shroud and spice.
- Menu UI improvements include password-protected servers and a new unified settings menu.
- A lot more bug, polish, and performance fixes. Thanks to everyone who reported problems!