Our Halloween 2014 release is now available, and is overflowing with both tricks and treats!
This release includes over 760 commits by 41 contributors since our July release.
The most visible change in this release is the redesigned in-game UI:
- The RA mod has received a brand new sidebar.
- Improved keyboard shortcut configuration, with new defaults based on Tiberium Wars and Red Alert 3.
- The in-game menu has been completely overhauled, and now includes information on mission objectives.
- A new end-game score screen appears once a game is complete.
The other big focus of this release was a complete overhaul of our map scripting support for creating single-player missions and multi-player minigames. Our new Lua API is faster, more robust, and provides many new features that were not available in the older API (which has now been removed).
A large number of smaller features have also been included. A small selection from our full changelog includes:
- The lobby now prevents players from choosing “cheating” colors that are too similar to the terrain.
- Veteran units gain improved reload time and accuracy, and elite units will now heal over time.
- Planes will maintain their distance from each other in a similar fashion to helicopters.
- Servers will now drop players with unresponsive connections to unfreeze stalled games.
- Units will now properly move inside transports, instead of teleporting.
- Tank turrets will now turn to face forward after the unit has finished attacking.
- A number of small balance changes to the Red Alert and Tiberian Dawn mods.
- Many more small bug-fixes and behaviour improvements.
Head over to our downloads page to grab the new release!