Archived News » Playtest 20140709
Posted by Paul Chote at 2014-07-09 22:00 +1200
Update: We have released a fourth and final release candidate (20140719) which fixes a few remaining issues. Thanks to everyone who reported problems and submitted fixes!
We have just released our
first fourth July release candidate, playtest-20140709 playtest-20140719.
This short development cycle has been extremely productive, and includes some long-awaited features:
- The RA and TD game music can now be downloaded and installed from the in-game music player.
- Capturing enemy structures in RA and TD will now let you build units from their faction.
- The maximum tech level can be configured in the lobby options.
- Added an option to lock the mouse cursor inside the game window.
Other big changes include:
- Fixed a number of crashes that were introduced in the last release.
- Improved performance and memory usage.
- Added beacon images for the RA spy plane, paratroopers, and parabombs.
- Multiple players can now repair a building at an accelerated rate.
- Added engine support for diamond-shaped (“isometric”) terrain (an important milestone for our TS mod).
Beacons have been added for the air-support powers in RA.
Tech levels can be configured in the TD lobby options.
The OpenRA engine now supports isometric perspectives. Development is progressing well on our Tiberian Sun mod, but it will not be ready for several more months.