Archived News » Playtest 20140525
Posted by Paul Chote at 2014-05-26 00:00 +1200
We have just released playtest-20140525, which is the first release candidate for our upcoming June release.
The focus of this playtest has been improving our low-level engine code, but there have been a few nice player-facing improvements, too:
- Fixed the shellmap issues that were present in the previous playtest.
- Added a “Battlefield News” indicator, so we can keep you up to date on with the latest community news.
- Further improvements to the lobby and replay interfaces.
- Significant reductions in load time.
- More balance improvements!
- More bug fixes!
This announcement is briefer than usual: as the final release only a couple of weeks away, we have decided to save the usual set of screenshots and details for the proper release announcement.