Welcome Back, Commander
OpenRA is a Libre/Free Real Time Strategy project that recreates the classic Command & Conquer titles.
We include recreations of C&C (Tiberian Dawn), C&C: Red Alert, and Dune 2000. These are not intended to be perfect copies, but instead combine the classic gameplay of the originals with modern improvements such as unit veterancy and the fog of war.
OpenRA's primary focus is cross-platform multiplayer between Windows, OS X, and Linux; however, we include a number of single-player missions, and also support skirmish games against AI bots.
Posted by Paul Chote at 2015-09-19 12:00 +0000
LANDCOM 16 HQS. TOP SECRET TO: ALL FIELD COMMANDERS AN INTERCEPTED COMMUNIQUE INDICATES THE IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY OF A NEW SEPTEMBER 2015 OPENRA RELEASE. SUBSEQUENT INTERROGATION OF THE MESSAGE COURIER REVEALED THAT 31 AUTHORS CONTRIBUTED MORE THAN 1150 CHANGES TOWARDS THEIR WAR EFFORT IN THE LAST THREE MONTHS. A LARGE COLLECTION OF BUG FIXES AND OTHER IMPROVEMENTS ARE SUSPECTED. YOUR ORDERS ARE TO PROCEED DIRECTLY TO www.openra.net/download/ AND DOWNLOAD THE NEW RELEASE. RENDEZVOUS WITH OTHER COMMANDERS IN-GAME AND DESTROY ALL ENEMY OPPOSITION. TRANSMISSION ENDS.
Our latest release includes changes and new features that implement several popular requests, including:
- Support for installing assets from an English “The First Decade” DVD.
- Adding the ability to view the map after a match completes.
- Adding a notification when a game admin selects a map with custom rules.
- Recording replays for single player missions.
- Removing the “Enemy Detected” warnings from RA and D2K.
- Fixing bottlenecks in the AI and harvesters to dramatically improve late-game performance.
Other notable changes include:
- Completely overhauled in-game music behaviour (don’t forget to install the music from Extras → Music!).
- Capture screenshots (saved to the support directory) using Ctrl/Cmd+P.
- Units will no longer pursue enemies after they disappear under the fog of war.
- Improved aircraft and paradrop behaviour in RA.
- Added missions Atreides01a and Atreides01b and FMV installation to D2K.
As usual, this is only a small sampling of the full changelog that is available on our wiki.
Grab the installer now for your operating system from our download page!
Once again we hope you’ll enjoy this newest installment of OpenRA!
We know that many people are excited about our in-development Tiberian Sun mod, and we’re pleased to report that we have made significant progress during this release cycle. The core engine changes to support the 2.5D isometric maps used by TS and RA2 are now complete, and we are making slow-but-forward progress on implementing the many missing gameplay features for TS. There is still a lot of work to go, so we do not have a formal release schedule for these mods.
The spy in Red Alert has gained the ability to detect enemy spies and
infiltrate enemy production buildings to unlock veteran unit production.
It is once again possible to view the map after a mission or match is complete.
It is now also possible to view replays of campaign missions.
Use the repair cursor to order damaged vehicles back to a service depot.
In D2K an idle carryall will give it a quick lift!