Archived News » Playtest 20150628
Posted by Matthias Mailänder at 2015-06-28 19:55:00 +0000
Work has been progressing well on our next development cycle, and we are today making a snapshot of this work available in the form of a new playtest release. playtest-20150628 focuses on behind-the-scenes improvements, but also includes a collection of new features and bug fixes.
The most visible changes in this playtest include:
- Removed the “Enemy unit detected” notification, by popular demand.
- A collection of TD balance changes based on player feedback. [#8303]
- Use the repair cursor or order a unit to a repair depot. In D2K a carryall will pick up the actor. [#8056]
- Units built from the starport in D2K now work with the “select units by type” hotkey. [#8212]
- Improvements to the player name and color validation. [#8137, #8380]
- New missions: Nod06b, Nod06c (TD), Soviet02a, Soviet05 (RA), Atreides01a, Atreides01b (D2K).
- A collection of polish fixes for maps, tooltips, and unit artwork.
On the technical front, improvements include:
- A collection of fixes for issues found using Coverity Scan.
- Several new lint tests to detect common YAML errors in maps and mods.
- Changes towards a more consistent set of rendering traits. [#8171]
- A Significant rework of the shroud code to prepare for TS shroud and scripted map area changes.
- Improved support for compiling and running OpenRA on BSD operating systems.
- Improvements to our Lua API for map authors.
For the full changelog, please refer to the changelog page on our wiki.
Our new in-game map editor has also received a collection of bug fixes, and the ability to view and edit the area outside the playable map area. The old map editor (which we inadvertently broke in the last release - sorry!) has been removed.
If you encounter any problems or bugs (especially anything related to the shroud or any new crashes), then please let us know on our bug tracker or the comments below.
P to take a screenshot. The hotkey binding is configuarable via Settings - Input.
Use the repair cursor in D2K to signal a Carryall to transport an actor for repair!
The new map editor is more stable, and updated maps now show correctly in the map selection screen.
A preview of things to come: work is nearly complete on rewriting the shroud logic to support terrain height.