Archived News » Playtest 20141012
Posted by Paul Chote at 2014-10-12 12:00 +1200
The second playtest build for our upcoming Halloween release is now available.
Playtest-20141012 rounds off the new singleplayer campaign backend that was introduced in playtest-20140927, and includes a few new features of its own. Some key features selected from the full changelog include:
- Fixes for bugs with weapons, crates, and mines that were introduced in the last playtest.
- Further improvements to the new Lua API for missions, and an overhauled singleplayer mission menu.
- Servers will now drop players with unresponsive connections to allow frozen games to continue.
- Our new actor upgrade system adds support for EMP weapons and stealth generators.
- Units will now properly move inside transports, instead of teleporting.
- Tank turrets will now turn to face forward after the unit has finished attacking.
We encourage any map authors who are using the old Lua API to upgrade their maps during this playtest cycle. We are planning to remove the old API before the final release, and so this will be your last chance to report any bugs or missing functionality in time for us to fix them!
The improved mission selector includes support for player-created missions and the campaign briefing videos.
Game servers will detect when a player causes extended periods of lag, and disconnect them from the game.
Work continues on our Tiberian Sun mod, but it is still several months away from release.