Archived News » Playtest 20131209
Posted by Matthias Mailänder at 2013-12-09 00:00 +0100
This is a release candidate playtest. We have worked hard on the development branch, and believe that it is now stable enough for a new release. Thanks to everyone who helped testing and reported bugs! Along with fixes and performance improvements, we have introduced a few small new features into this build:
- Added support for Dune II PAK archives and improved the Dune II SHP reader.
- The Dune 2000 resource layer has been implemented.
- Added a new “Select All” hotkey (CTRL + A by default, but you can change this in-game)
- Our command line utility OpenRA.Lint.exe can now check map.yaml files for error.
- Beware of C&C visceroids as they now heal in Tiberium, and move faster through Tiberium fields.
- Added a minimap renderer to the OpenRA.Utility.exe and unified sprite to PNG.
As usual, the changelog contains all the details, including a list of changes that affect maps and mods. If you run into any issues or have any feedback then you can create a ticket on our Github issue tracker or find us on IRC.
We now support most of the Dune II file formats. This is a screenshot from an unofficial fan project showing off our new asset browser and SHP(D2) sprites.
The soft edges in Dune 2000 spice tiles are now rendered properly.
Our command-line based modding tools may look scary, but they are very powerful and supported on Windows, OSX, and Linux. All we need is proper manuals and tutorials to get people started. The new OpenRA Documentation Project aims to solve this.